Sunday 18 November 2012

Thought I'd try the blog site out with sighting's from Mablane community woodland this morning.
7.30am:- long tailed tit x8,  grey wagtail, kingfisher, water rail, robin, jackdaw(loads), blackbird, mallard, teal, redwing x8, pheasant, collared dove, cormorant(flying over), carrion crow, woodpigeon, wren, great tit, blue tit, jay x3, goldfinch, song thrush and sparrowhawk. Field mouse and 2 rabbits all before 8.10 am and before going to my mam's for breakfast.
Kingfisher was the 1st bird to see, disturbing it and flying off along the river. Next after a short walk was the water rail, just feeding amongst some reeds giving great veiws and not the first time I have seen it in this area, also in the same area was the grey wagtail.  Walking the river I again disturbed the kingfisher, this time I seen it land in a tree over the river were I was able to watch for a while before a group of teal took flight and disturbed it. Again following the river I came across the kingfisher and again it took flight and flew down the river, watching land on a overhanging branch in typical kingfisher style.  It was in the distance but you could see it clearly through your bins were it stayed for as long as I was there I left it still there perched on the branch. Also flushed a snipe but didn't give any call or zigzag flight but short flight and back down again but didn't see were?
Stores.