Sunday 21 October 2007

A funny thing happened to me on the way to Aldi




Had to have a second take - did my eyes deceive me or was that a Woodcock on the grassy roundabout at Knotty Ash, another circle of said roundabout confirmed it! Mmmh, according to the good book - this is mainly a nocturnal bird, spends most of the day in dense cover, and you would be very lucky to see one. This bird was obviously an attention seeker. Strutting about in the open, probing the muddy grass, oblivious to the Sunday cruisers passing by.. certainly seemed happy with the menu on offer.
I did eventually get to Aldi, I wonder what the passing drivers thought of the mad woman with the camera. ..on second thoughts don’t answer that!!! Laura

2 comments:

Chris Tynan said...

You would have thought that Laura would have rang or emailed people!! This is a good Liverpool/Merseyside tick, although Croxteth Park, or Childwall Woods and fields would also be a good site.

RSPB Liverpool Local Group. The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB) is a registered charity: England and Wales no' 207076, Scotland no. SC037654 said...

SORRY CHRIS,
BIRD LAST SEEN FLYING TOWARDS SPRINGFIELD PARK, IF I CLOCK IT AGAIN I WILL LET YOU KNOW. ANY WAY I DID EMAIL IT,I POSTED IT ON THE BLOG!!
LAURA